Sunday, April 10, 2011

VP Scharman [Last Class] Response

1. Please describe a way you will apply a leadership concept you have learned about this year as you lead in your family.
2. Vice President Scharman talked about the importance of developing structure in your home based on your individual time commitments. Describe how you believe structure and order in your family life can help you lead in you family. How can some form of structure and routine help you develop leaders in your family?

I want to be a good mom to my kids and a good role model for the other kids in our neighborhood. I want my children to play with the others in the neighborhood and to provide a fun, safe place for them to get rowdy and watch movies and just hang out. Growing up I always had to have a plan before I went over to someone's house or had to have a list of things that we could do if people came over but I hated planning so I just opted out of play dates. I want my kids to feel more free in what they do so they can have whoever they want over. Being a VP this year has taught me that structure is good, that planning is good, but sometimes you just have to step back and let the pieces fall where they may. Providing clear expectations is how my kids will grow and without this year I wouldn't have known that it's upholding expectations that make or break a family. When they know what is expected of them, and when their friends know what to expect when they come over, will help our family grow stronger together as we work towards the same goals. It's hard to get a routine day when everyone is so busy but I'm really thankful that my mother always has Sunday dinner ready when we all get home from church. It gives us an opportunity to share what we've learned that day and to bond over a meal. I hope to continue this tradition and hope that I can be as good of a mom to my kids as she is to me. I wouldn't be the same without her and she has taught me to be a strong leader by being a good friend and loving others - always.

No comments:

Post a Comment